From Las Vegas to Monte Carlo, blackjack is one of the most popular games included into the must-have list of many reputed gambling establishments. Today, this card game is available in wide range of variations on many gambling websites. Although playing blackjack, you are most likely acting like a regular player at the table, it’s time to see the back of the moon – how to deal blackjack and blackjack dealer rules. This knowledge will be useful for you so that you understand in what order cards are dealt and what hitting and standing requirements for dealer are. Based on this, you can revise your blackjack strategy and improve it so that you get even more advantage over the casino.
Dealer in Blackjack – How to Deal Cards
As for you as a player at the table, you know that the main task in the blackjack game is to get a hand with a value of 21 or close to this value – at the same time, you cannot exceed 21. What distinguishes blackjack from other popular card games is that each player plays one-on-one against the dealer. Acting as a dealer, the basic rules still apply. This means that values of 2-10 cards are corresponds to their face value, Jack, Queen and King are equal to 10 points, and the Ace can take two values to choose from – 1 or 11. As for the extended rules applicable to the dealer, here are some of the differences described below:
- Dealers do not have insurance as they are responsible for paying bets.
- Another thing on how to deal blackjack is that the dealers in the game cannot double down having a good hand, split the hand, and also surrender for half of bet size.
- Having any cards on hand, the dealer must hit on hand worth less than 17 points – this rule is valid in many casinos. This means that if you are a dealer with 17-21 points on hand, you must stand anyway.
- When the dealer in blackjack deal cards he must wait for the players to play their hands in order to play own hand.
So, to prove yourself a professional dealer, you must be careful, attentive and have at least basic knowledge of mathematics – this can come in handy for blackjack payouts.
Tips for Dealers on How to Deal Blackjack
So, here are some tips to help you improve your card dealing skills:
- Do not do all things too quickly – excessive rush can lead to annoying mistakes.
- When you shuffle cards, combine several decks if there are two or more players at the table.
- Before starting to deal cards, make sure that all players have already place their bets. After the cards are dealt, players can only doubling down or splitting their hands into two.
- Wondering on how to deal blackjack you must remember that a blackjack dealer should not help players at the table.
Many casinos require dealers to be trained to gain professional skills. So, if you want to make a blackjack dealer career, you need to enroll in a professional school. However, you can also use your knowledge to be a more successful blackjack player.